Flood Flaps FFWF08TF-W Trim Flange Sealed Series 8", White
Flood Flaps Sealed Series flood vents are perfect for structures located in floodplains that require flood openings and desire a conditioned area or an encapsulated crawlspace. These models use two (2) rubber flaps to keep air from passing through the flood opening in non-flood situations, 365 days a year. In the case of a flood, the rubber flaps disengage as the pressure of flood waters rise, and allow water to enter or exit the flood opening. Energy efficient flood vents such as Flood Flaps Sealed Series models are even more important as states are adopting and enforcing the 2015 International Energy Conservation Code. Flood Flaps Sealed Series models are proven (visit our website flooodflaps.com to watch a video and see for yourself) to keep enclosures protected from exterior climate air, humidity, dust and insects. Superior Performance!
Model #: FFWF08TF | FFWF08TF-G | FFWF08TF-W
Exterior Dimensions: 15 5/8” W x 7 3/4” H x 8” D
Rough Opening: 16” W x 8” H
Enclosed Covered Area: 220 sq. ft.
Installation Type: Block or Masonry wall
As flood waters rise, hydrostatic pressure builds around the home’s foundation. Flood Flaps® patented grill and rubber flaps give way to the pressure of the flood waters, allowing water to enter or exit the enclosed area as necessary. Unlike other flood vents or traditional air vents, our collapsing components allow yard debris and/ or trash (up to 5.75”) to pass through as well. This is extremely important. As flood waters tend to rise rapidly, clogged flood vents or traditional air vents will often clog with debris and trash, thus preventing water from entering the enclosed area and subjecting it to potential collapse. When not subjected to rising water, it takes roughly 15 lbs. of pressure to force the grill out of its secured position.
Flood Flaps ICC-ES evaluated, engineered, automatic flood vents are one of only two products of its kind. Owners in floodplains across the country have been searching for a more affordable automatic flood vent option that possesses the highly credible ICC-ES certification. So what do we offer owners with Flood Flaps foundation flood vents...UNMATCHED VALUE and SUPERIOR PERFORMENCE. Our products are designed to provide efficient relief from hydrostatic water pressure resulting from rising flood waters. All of Flood Flaps flood vents cover 220 sq. ft. of enclosed area. Each flood vent is constructed of UV enhanced, durable, engineered ABS plastic that has undergone 2,000 hours of scientific lab testing, ensuring its durability and sustainability (will not rust or pit), along with a providing a handsome, classy finished look on the exterior.
WHY FLOOD FLAPS-UNMATCHED VALUE & SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE?
- Unmatched Value and Superior Performance
- Code, FEMA and FL Building Product compliant
- Can help reduce flood insurance premiums
- 220 sq. feet of coverage per vent
- Durable, rust resistant materials
- No preventative maintenance requirements
- Energy efficient | Air tight
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
- Simple to install, perfect for retro-fit applications
- Clean finished exterior look
- Interior trim accessory available
- Perfect for commercial applications as well
- Available in multiple colors
- Custom configurations for larger applications available
- Save money with a quality, code compliant flood vent...Make sure your home has Flood Flaps® certified engineered flood vents.